Note: 600 Mb download! Packaged for R 3.5.2
The link above will download a .zip file containing the following:
- The VisionEval framework code
- VE-RSPM, VE-RPAT, VE-GUI, VE-State and VE-ScenarioViewer
- All necessary R packages
Install for Windows
After installing R 3.5.2 and downloading the VE Installer from the link above, unzip the folder to the destination folder of your choice.
To complete the installation and start VisionEval, simply:
- Double-click VisionEval.bat
Once you have been welcomed to VisionEval, you can follow the instructions under “Running VE Models” on the Getting Started page. Your destination folder contains everything you need from the VisionEval “sources” folder.
The installation also creates some convenience functions which will run the model test scenarios or start the VE GUI:
- vegui() to start the GUI (navigate to your destination folder to find the scenario run scripts)
- verpat() for the VERPAT test model
- verpat(scenarios=TRUE) to run multiple scenarios in VERPAT
- verpat(baseyear=TRUE) to run the alternate VERPAT sample scenario
- verspm() for the VERSPM test model
- verspm(scenarios=TRUE) to run multiple scenarios in VERSPM
If the above installation steps did not succeed, ensure that you have downloaded the appropriate version of VisionEval to match the version of R that you have installed.
The current version of VisionEval works best with R 3.5.2 to be installed on your computer. If you currently have another version of R installed, you can go to the GitHub release page to download VisionEval for R 3.4.4 or 3.5.1.
You can find the R 3.5.2 installer for Windows here.
VisionEval can be installed from source as well. Follow the ‘Install from Source’ steps on the wiki.
Questions about VisionEval installation can be directed to Jeremy.Raw or Daniel.Flynn at dot.gov.
The installers were built with the VE-Installer, which is available on GitHub