3 VisionEval Tutorial
The VisionEval Tutorial provides an introductory walkthrough on how to set up a VisionEval model specific to your area of interest. This chapter does not cover how to install and run VisionEval, those instructions are covered in the Getting Started chapter. For users completely new to VisionEval, reviewing the Concept Primer chapter for an overview of VisionEval modeling system is highly recommended before starting into the tutorial materials.
This VisionEval tutorial breaks down the process of setting up a model into several steps. Each step is described in it’s own chapter, referenced below, and can also be accessed from the main navigation menu.
- The Picking a Model chapter is where to start for an overview of the three VisionEval models, VERSPM, VE-State, and VERPAT, and information on how to make a selection based on model differences and user needs.
- The Model Geography and Years chapter is the first step in applying the selected VisionEval model by making key decision on spatial scale and years.
- The Developing Inputs chapter has detailed information on the the specific inputs for each VisionEval model as well as generalized best practices on data sources and methods.
- The Validating and Troubleshooting chapter is relevant once users have a complete set of inputs need to debug or validate their base model.
- The Developing Scenarios chapter contains details on how to use VisionEval to set up multi-scenario runs for exploratory scenario planning.
- The Estimation in VisionEval chapter reviews advanced customization techniques for users, including how model estimation is integrated into the VisionEval modeling system and how to replace a model’s default estimation with local data.